If you’re eager to immerse yourself in the world of Demon Slayer and wondering how to watch it in the correct order, you’ve landed in the right place. With season 4 on the horizon and the series heading to Netflix, there’s no better time to delve into the demon-slaying adventures of Tanjiro and his companions. However, the Demon Slayer watch order isn’t as straightforward as it first appears, with movies, naming conventions, and multiple seasons to consider.
Understanding the Demon Slayer Series
The Demon Slayer series comprises three seasons, two movies, and a fourth season coming soon. Here’s a breakdown of how to watch Demon Slayer in chronological order:
- Season 1 (2019): This season consists of 26 episodes and is the starting point for your journey.
- Mugen Train Arc: Following season 1, there’s the option to watch the ‘Mugen Train’ arc. It’s available as either the “Mugen Train” feature film or the Mugen Train recap arc (episodes 27-33) in Demon Slayer season 2.
- Entertainment District Arc (Episodes 33-44): After the ‘Mugen Train’ arc, continue with the ‘Entertainment District’ arc.
- To the Swordsmith Village Movie: Released in 2023, this movie combines episodes 10 and 11 of the ‘Entertainment District’ arc and the first episode of season 3, known as the ‘Swordsmith Village’ arc. However, it’s recommended to skip this movie and proceed directly to the TV episodes.
- Season 3 (Swordsmith Village Arc): With 11 episodes, season 3 continues the story and is set to be available on Netflix from September 28, 2023.
- Season 4 (Hashira Training Arc): Keep an eye out for the release date of the fourth season, which will delve into the ‘Hashira Training’ arc.
Recommended: Warrior High School Dungeon Raid Department Novel
How to watch Demon Slayer in order: Simplified Watch Order
In summary, the recommended Demon Slayer watch order is as follows:
- Season 1 (Episodes 1-26)
- Season 2: Mugen Train TV Arc (Episodes 27-33) or Mugen Train Movie
- Season 2, Part 2 (Entertainment District Arc, Episodes 34-44)
- Season 3 (Swordsmith Village Arc, Episodes 45-55) – Available on Netflix from September 28, 2023
- Season 4 (Hashira Training Arc) – Release Date: To Be Confirmed
Should You Watch the Movies?
The decision to watch the movies, ‘Mugen Train’ and ‘To the Swordsmith Village,’ is entirely up to you. ‘Mugen Train’ is a canon sequel to the first season and introduces crucial characters and story elements that connect to the ‘Entertainment District’ Arc. However, watching both the movie and the arc might feel redundant. Choose one based on your preference.
‘To the Swordsmith Village’ can be skipped if you’ve already begun watching Demon Slayer season 3.
Recommended: Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Season 2
Can You Skip Episodes?
Demon Slayer doesn’t have many filler episodes, as each contributes to the overall narrative. While some episodes may seem slower, they all hold value. The only instances where skipping is advisable are if you’ve recently watched the ‘Mugen Train’ movie or ‘To the Swordsmith Village’ movie.
As of June 2023, there are 55 episodes of Demon Slayer. Season 3, the ‘Swordsmith Village’ arc, comprises 11 episodes, with season 4, the ‘Hashira Training’ arc, on the horizon.
Now that you have a clear guide on how to watch Demon Slayer, prepare to embark on an exhilarating journey through this captivating anime series. Enjoy your demon-slaying adventure!
- Who Is Bruce Wilpon Wife? A Glimpse Behind the Curtain - October 30, 2023
- Aswad Ayinde Net Worth 2023: Unraveling the Story of an Acclaimed Figure - October 16, 2023
- Arthur Hayes Net Worth 2023 | Arthur Hayes Biography - October 16, 2023